Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth speaker detected as headphones

"headphones too loud" and subsequent volume reduction keeps happening to me while connected to a bluetooth SPEAKER (Samsung soundbar) - this is a speaker NOT headphones so i do NOT need to worry about my hearing level while using it.

PLEASE ADD functionality to set devices as headphones or not or allow the users to deactivate the sound level monitoring. Or fix the bug that is doing this. I have contacted Apple Support and they have no fixes so it is clearly a bug or a function that needs re-work.

i delete the audio level data constantly to reset the "7 days" notification but it now turns the volume down every time i listen i have to constantly turn it back up on the phone

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 2, 2020 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:40 PM

Seems there has been an update. I am now able to select what “type” of device all my Bluetooth connections are. So this should solve!

2 replies

bluetooth speaker detected as headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.