Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All external mice can only scroll in one direction on MacOS

I've had a cheap bluetooth mouse for a while that I noticed wouldn't scroll up after a couple years. I always chalked it up to being a cheap mouse. Though when I would use the mouse in Windows via Bootcamp, the scrolling would work in both directions.

I recently bought a much nicer mouse. And I've noticed the same thing happen. I simply can't scroll up. If I switch the scroll direction in System Preferences scrolling down still works, but scrolling up does not work. Windows is still working.

This mouse is is Logitech G502 and doesn't use bluetooth. Both the wireless USB adapter and connecting via the wire produce the same result in MacOS. I don't think this is a hardware issue, I think it's a software issue.

My computer is a 2017 MBP 15" with 10.15.7. I am using BetterTouchTool, but I haven't seen any settings that limit scrolling on mice.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2020 7:36 PM

Currently using a Logitech MX Master 3 and Intuos PTH-660, both are scrolling correctly in Big Sur.

Perhaps the better touch tool software is in need of an update.

MtD

Similar questions

3 replies

All external mice can only scroll in one direction on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.