Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max camera lens (glass)

my iPhone 12 pro max camera leans (telephoto glass) cracked. how can I fix it?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 5, 2020 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 8:54 AM

my iPhone 12 pro max camera leans (telephoto glass) cracked. how can I fix it?

71 replies

May 25, 2021 1:18 PM in response to tanvir2022

Exactly the same has happened to me... had my phone for less than 4 weeks and noticed yesterday my third camera lens has smashed. Contacted apple and they said it’s going to cost me hundreds- apparently it’s not a common issue but looking on here it clearly is! Never had a problem with iPhones so I didn’t think I’d need apple care as it’s going to be another £200 on top of my £1200 bill... Have an appointment booked on Thursday but after reading all these comments I’m not expecting the best news regarding how much they’ll charge me. Really disappointed, wish I stuck to my XS

Feb 1, 2021 12:59 AM in response to tanvir2022

I've been using iPhone for years and never had my iPhone's camera broke. I just bought my iPhone 12 pro max 2 months ago (cost me RM6699) and today i dropped my iPhone for the first time and the camera lens cracked. In Malaysia, we don't have the option to buy AppleCare plus. I called the service center and they said it's gonna cost me more than RM3000 to get a replacement which is about half the price of a new iPhone. Apple claimed that the iPhone with ceramic shield has 4 times better drop performance I think it's a false claim. Whoever bought an iPhone 12 pro MUST get a camera cover!

May 25, 2021 4:11 PM in response to rozquick123

It also happens in real life that people never have an auto accident but get into one five minutes after driving off the lot in their super expensive dream car.

It looks like that's a 12 Pro Max, so because you opted out of AppleCare+, this repair will be £ 566.44.

If you had AppleCare+, it would have been £ 79.

iPhone Repair (UK) – Official Apple Support

Jul 13, 2021 1:54 PM in response to tanvir2022

got charged Out of warranty, didn’t purchase the Apple care plus, basically charging me half the phone for a minor scratch on one of the lenses, camera works perfectly fine. Went to a local phone repair shop and it cost me $99 for the camera lens repair. Save your money. Apple needs to find another alternative to fix minor scratches. There’s no way the whole back of my phone needs to be replaced for a micro damage.

Jun 17, 2021 3:59 PM in response to tanvir2022

After a week of having my iPhone 12 Pro Max the camera lens cracked. Dropped it in SAND. And trust me there were no big rocks, I checked. And today I dropped it and the remaining two camera lenses got shattered, through a “Lifeproof” case. So all in all there’s something fishy going on and I paid 1200 dollars for it. NOT happy.

iPhone 12 Pro Max camera lens (glass)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.