Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Up Next on Apple TV App Not Synching with Apple TV and Other Devices

The biggest advantage of the Apple TV app now being on the desktop/laptop as of OS Catalina is the "UP NEXT" feature that catalogs where you are in each of your shows. This feature does not sync across multiple devices. It did this flawlessly in the past until something happened about a year ago and it does not sync anymore. I am logged into iCloud and all other settings on apps and the Apple TVs boxes connected to TVs. I even tried logging out and relogging back in on multiple devices but they don't sync. I noticed countless others online sharing this frustration. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix this Apple software issue? (Sidenote: the "Up Next" isn't even an option on the computer app, which is the whole point of having the app in my opinion)

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 1:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2020 2:32 AM

The Apple TV app on Macs has an Up Next queue row like on other platforms, but only populated with items that are available on this Mac platform through the TV app, thus excluding content from external supported apps on other platforms (that do not have a Mac counterpart).

You will have to try accessing that other content on a Mac through a web interface, not linked through the TV app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2020 2:32 AM in response to kairos33

The Apple TV app on Macs has an Up Next queue row like on other platforms, but only populated with items that are available on this Mac platform through the TV app, thus excluding content from external supported apps on other platforms (that do not have a Mac counterpart).

You will have to try accessing that other content on a Mac through a web interface, not linked through the TV app.

Up Next on Apple TV App Not Synching with Apple TV and Other Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.