Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert Purchased Itunes albums to MP3

I purchased a cheap MP3 player for my grandmother and without thinking about it purchased 3 albums on Itunes to download on it.

When the AGPTEK U3 MP3 Player is attached to the computer it shows all of the albums on the USB. When I unplug it to plug into the speaker I purchased for her it says "EMPTY DISK"

So I realized I need to convert the songs.

When going through these steps

:Preferences

:Import Settings

:MP3 Encoder

there is a note stating

"These settings do not apply to songs downloaded from the Itunes store"

Does anyone know how to go about doing this?

I already purchased the albums specifically that she loves to listen to and I was trying to set her up a swet present!

Help Please!!

MacBook

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:12 PM

Syd,

You can ignore that error message. What it means is that if you put your settings to MP3, the songs you download from the Store will still be AACs. It is not relevant to your situation.

Just go through the conversion procedure, as described in here:

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Note that the conversion process creates a new file in the indicated format (MP3 in your case) and leaves the original (AAC in your case) in place. Make sure to use the MP3s for Grandma.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2020 5:12 PM in response to sydfox

Syd,

You can ignore that error message. What it means is that if you put your settings to MP3, the songs you download from the Store will still be AACs. It is not relevant to your situation.

Just go through the conversion procedure, as described in here:

Convert a song to a different file format with the Apple Music app or iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Note that the conversion process creates a new file in the indicated format (MP3 in your case) and leaves the original (AAC in your case) in place. Make sure to use the MP3s for Grandma.

Convert Purchased Itunes albums to MP3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.