Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slide show malfunctions. Worked for a couple of days, then quit. Tried all fixes I could think of.

I recently updated from Mojave operating system on my MAC (a 2015 model) to "Big Sur." I am having issues with the Photos program. Slide show feature worked one day for an album and not the next day. Only the first image in an album repeats itself, over and over. I tried "photos repair," rebooting computer, etc. Nothing worked. Is there a solution?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 12:33 AM

Before you play an album as a slideshow, you have to ensure that no photo is selected in the album.

• Open the album, you want to play as a slideshow.
  • Go to the "Edit" menu and click "Deselect All", if this command is not greyed out.
  • Then click the "Slideshow" button and "Play Slideshow"

If you start a slideshow, while some photos are selected, only the selected photos will be shown and not all photos in the album.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 12:33 AM in response to dagney-76_

Before you play an album as a slideshow, you have to ensure that no photo is selected in the album.

• Open the album, you want to play as a slideshow.
  • Go to the "Edit" menu and click "Deselect All", if this command is not greyed out.
  • Then click the "Slideshow" button and "Play Slideshow"

If you start a slideshow, while some photos are selected, only the selected photos will be shown and not all photos in the album.

Dec 12, 2020 3:29 PM in response to dagney-76_

Hi dagney-76_,

We understand the slideshow function is not working in the Photos application. We're happy to help.

If the Photos application is not working as expected, we'd recommend trying these steps: Get help with the Photos app on your Mac

If you continue to have issues, you'd want to contact Apple directly to work with the Photos support team: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Slide show malfunctions. Worked for a couple of days, then quit. Tried all fixes I could think of.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.