Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications randomly get louder

After updating to iOS 14, my notifications get extremely loud at random times. Like ear piercingly loud. This mostly effects messages and Instagram. It happens even when my volume is low.

Not even 5 minutes ago I got an Instagram notification and it was extremely loud. And my volume was off.

I’m not sure how to fix this or how to get rid of it. I’ve never had issues before iOS 14.

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 11:27 AM

Hi RkWNRgL,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. We see that your notifications are extremely loud after updating to iOS 14, and are glad to help.

Take a look at this article for how to manage alert settings, including enabling "Change with Buttons" to see if the alert volume gets better:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

Take Care.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2020 11:27 AM in response to RkWNRgL

Hi RkWNRgL,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. We see that your notifications are extremely loud after updating to iOS 14, and are glad to help.

Take a look at this article for how to manage alert settings, including enabling "Change with Buttons" to see if the alert volume gets better:

How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode

Take Care.

Dec 13, 2020 6:59 PM in response to Sharon_419

Hello!

I just checked out the settings and had a friend spam me with notifications to see what was up.

I adjusted the ringer and alerts on the sounds and haptics menu. A notification or two still got semi-loud but not too bad. Maybe it is the ringer and alerts but I’m still not 100% sure. I’ll still play around with the settings to try and solve the problem.

Notifications randomly get louder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.