Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Series 3 Watch: connectivity and paring/ unpairing

1 Can I pair my Apple Series 3 watch and Bluetooth earphones with my iPhone simultaneously?

I will have my iPhone on me while running. I listen to music while running and would also like to make a phone call/ send message in the case of an emergency.

2 Is it easy to unpair the watch from the iPhone in order to use the iPhone independently from the watch when not exercising?

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2020 8:43 AM

There is no need to unpair the watch when not wearing it.

Notifications will go to the iPhone if the watch is locked or turned off.

It doesn't make sense to constantly pair and unpair the watch every time you want to use it or not. You are asking for problems if you do this.

Just pair it and use it, if you don't use it just turn the watch off. Mind you it will slowly loose it's charge and may need to be charged before it can be used again.

See Notifications on your Apple Watch

Yes you can use listen to music from your earphone while the watch is paired to the phone.

If the watch is not paired you can't use it.

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2020 8:43 AM in response to PeterA10

There is no need to unpair the watch when not wearing it.

Notifications will go to the iPhone if the watch is locked or turned off.

It doesn't make sense to constantly pair and unpair the watch every time you want to use it or not. You are asking for problems if you do this.

Just pair it and use it, if you don't use it just turn the watch off. Mind you it will slowly loose it's charge and may need to be charged before it can be used again.

See Notifications on your Apple Watch

Yes you can use listen to music from your earphone while the watch is paired to the phone.

If the watch is not paired you can't use it.

Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks on your Apple Watch

Apple Series 3 Watch: connectivity and paring/ unpairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.