Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passport for mac no longer working

A previous questioner speculated that his external drive did not work due to being improperly removed. My passport simply no longer is recognized since upgrading to Big Sur. It worked perfectly prior to the upgrade. I'm finding that the low opinions about Apple are true. Is there another "upgrade" that can make my passport functional again?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 7:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 8:34 AM

Keatoncat, launch disk utility and on the side bar do you see your passport for mac listed? If so check to see how it is formatted. DO NOT REFORMAT. My passport for Mac showed up right away. Do you have the most recent version of the WD discovery software.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 11, 2020 10:37 AM in response to Paul Conaway

Thank you for your prompt attention. No, the passport does not show up. I did, however, attempt to update it, but apparently it is too old to do so. I was able to download two viruses in the process, which I removed! I think I will continue to backup the files I use regularly to a thumb drive. Thankfully, I don't depend on this computer for anything other than personal use. As of yet, I have not tried the passport in another computer. I intend to do so once I'm out of quarantine. Again, thank you so much for your help.

passport for mac no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.