Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow toolbar on preview.app on full-screen mode Big Sur

Hi,

recently I've updated my Mac to MacOS Big Sur, now every time I use the full screen preview.app (on full-screen mode not slideshow mode) appears slideshow toolbar!

I've no idea how to remove it, thank you all for your help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 12:42 PM

Hello M-Baroni,

We see that after updating your Mac you see a toolbar when you are viewing items in Preview on full screen. Making sure that the features for each app appear when needed is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

Check out the resource below to see if there's an option to turn off or "Hide" the toolbar.

Customize toolbars on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2020 12:42 PM in response to M-Baroni

Hello M-Baroni,

We see that after updating your Mac you see a toolbar when you are viewing items in Preview on full screen. Making sure that the features for each app appear when needed is important. We're glad you reached out for help.

Check out the resource below to see if there's an option to turn off or "Hide" the toolbar.

Customize toolbars on Mac

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Dec 21, 2020 1:16 PM in response to M-Baroni

M-Baroni wrote:

yeah, but it reappears!

Not if you don't move the mouse.

It is what it is so you'll have to find another option. Even exporting as a QT movie and playing it with QT Player puts the control bar on for about the same amount of time. There are 3rd party slideshow apps that may have the option to not show the control bar.

Take a look a PhotoMagico by Boinx.

Slideshow toolbar on preview.app on full-screen mode Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.