Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry texts on an external monitor connected to the latest (2020) MacBook pro

Hello,

I got this LG monitor (LG 32 in. QHD Gaming Monitor with FreeSync) to have a bigger screen for reading, not for gaming. The fonts on an external monitor are not as clear or crispy as through my MacBook Pro. I changed the resolution scale to 2560x1440 and refresh rate to 75 Hertz. However, it is still not up to my satisfaction. Both are connected through HDMI.

I tried on one of Windows laptops and changed the settings like above. The display was very clear and crispy, which I liked.

I don't know why Mac cannot have the same result. Any other idea?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 4:07 PM

Is the blurry text appears on both Light and Dark Appearance? After I turned off Auto and left just Light mode it is became much better! But I think with new macOS 11.1 they will fix this bug

1 reply

Blurry texts on an external monitor connected to the latest (2020) MacBook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.