Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime lag with iPhone 12

My wife and I recently traded our old phones in for iPhone 12s. Now when we FaceTime, we have yet to have a single call without FaceTime lagging/freezing for short moments. Sometimes the call looks like it fast forwards without any audio and you see movement without sound. It does this with full service 5g, and we also tried with our WiFi full bars. We both tried deleting the FaceTime app and re-installing. No issues with making/recording videos with sound. Does it sound like a hardware issue? Any recs? We both have updated phone software

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 2:34 PM

16 replies

Mar 18, 2021 11:36 AM in response to Jamonejim

I got an iPhone 12 2 weeks ago and mines doing it too. It’s absolutely ridiculously! New model, and the basic function of FaceTime isn’t working properly?!

I’ve been using my iPad Air which is 7yr old and running and old version of iOS because that is more reliable than the brand new phone.

Its really frustrating that a £1000 phone is having these issues.

FaceTime lag with iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.