Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad use

I have an Ipad that i only use at home with my wifi, but now i need to use it at a clients house in the morning and i don't know if they have wifi. How can i use it without using their wifi? Thanks

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 3:47 PM

Do you have a Cellular phone (an iPhone perhaps) that has a Cellular hotspot feature? If so - and your Cellular Airtime Contract allows tethering - you’ll be able to use a WiFi connection between your mobile phone and iPad.

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 12, 2020 3:57 PM in response to kmfree00

You cannot.

The only way to get around this is if you own a cell phone or smart phone with a data plan ( like an iPhone ), you can purchase a small, portable MiFi hotspot device ( portable, personal, WiFi device ) and link it to both your smart phone and then connect it to your iPad, like you would using your home WiFi MODEM/router, and you would be able to use your iPad over WiFi, getting Internet access from your smart phone data plan.

Data caps may apply, though.

So, your Intenet use maybe limited.

Best of Luck to You!

ipad use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.