Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Siri Remote Not Connecting, but IR Blaster Works

Last night, I saw a pop-up on my TV that my remote was disconnected (Apple TV 4K 32 gb). Since then, I've been unable to connect it to my Apple TV, despite charging it overnight, unplugging my Apple TV, and attempting a force pair (Menu + Volume Up), as recommended by Apple Support pages.

The strange thing is that the IR blaster is still able to control the volume on my soundbar. Any thoughts on what could be causing this? I thought it was possible Bluetooth interference, but I'm removed all nearby products and the issue still persists.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 2:51 PM

Hi Boberts227,

We understand your Apple TV remote is no longer working. We're happy to help.

If the remote is no longer functioning, you'd want to try these steps: If your Apple TV remote isn’t working

If you've exhausted those steps and it still will not work, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2020 2:51 PM in response to Boberts227

Hi Boberts227,

We understand your Apple TV remote is no longer working. We're happy to help.

If the remote is no longer functioning, you'd want to try these steps: If your Apple TV remote isn’t working

If you've exhausted those steps and it still will not work, you'd want to contact Apple Support directly for assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Apple TV Siri Remote Not Connecting, but IR Blaster Works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.