Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Mirroring Apple Fitness Plus from Iphone to LG TV, not working...

Why is screen mirroring from iphone to lg tv not working. Preview of fitness session works, countdown of session works. Screen goes black with audio only once session begins. How do I fix this?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 6:21 AM

Same issue - I was excited to check it out this morning. I bought a new watch last week and got 6 months of the Fitness + service. It counts down on the TV screen, then reverts back to the phone for the class. It also doesn’t acknowledge my AirPods.

428 replies

Dec 17, 2020 10:05 AM in response to tkremmin

Haha, so this is my ghetto rig to have Fitness + usable. Screen mirror your phones camera and point it at another device, in my case I have an iPad, that will run the Fitness +. This is ridiculous but the classes and functionality are good, just waiting for basic Airplay functionality. Shake my head maybe sooner than later if not I won’t renew.

Dec 27, 2020 12:54 PM in response to zippityz

Because the phone is not capable of running the Fitness + software with the connection to the Watch and then stream this continuously to the TV via the HDMI cable. It is also running into a Digital Rights Management problem with the adapter/HDMI cable. The Apple TV is capable of running the software necessary and delivering an encrypted DRM stream to your TV while maintaining a connection with the Apple Watch and displaying the Watch information on the screen in real time. This is by design, try it in your other room.

It is a new service, if you think Apple should change it go here -> https://www.apple.com/feedback/ Even in the announcement event Apple only showed it working with other iDevices and has never stated it will work via mirroring.

Dec 31, 2020 2:15 PM in response to crazyasafox

that this seems to be more of a fight than a debate.

Neither are permitted here.

Apple can simply put this to rest with a simple statement on if it should work, with what devices and adapters and what will ever work with the devices/adapters out there.

This will not happen here. Apple does not make statements here. this is a user run community for asking and answering technical support questions.

This one has been asked and answered.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Jan 4, 2021 2:53 PM in response to Tazlady21

I respectfully disagree that it's well spelled out in that screenshot. This doesn't say anything about screen mirroring or AirPlay, just states which version of tvOS you need if you want to use the Apple TV version of the app.

Compare to something like the NFL app, which similarly blocks certain content but clearly states what does and doesn't work in the App description:

The NFL app allows use of AirPlay and Chromecast when viewing all
video-on-demand and select live content. However, the NFL app does not
permit outputs from phones of live games, NFL RedZone from NFL Network
or NFL Network to external displays via HDMI, Chromecast, AirPlay,
Miracast or other similar streaming functionality due to rights
restrictions. (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nfl/id389781154)

Jan 13, 2021 5:10 PM in response to path82

WAKE UP APPLE!!!!

STOP SCREAMING AT US!!!!

This community is run by volunteers and fellow users. We love to answer technical support questions. but we can't and don't speak for Apple and discussing Apple Policy, which is what's happening here, is not permitted.

This has been stated many times over the 23 pages so far.

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Screen Mirroring Apple Fitness Plus from Iphone to LG TV, not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.