Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove multiple email links in database of email addresses

I use Numbers to create a CVS file for a mailing list that I upload to Google Suite. The list itself is compiled in Pages. When pasting a column of email address from Pages into Numbers, the email links (having been removed in Pages) reappear in Numbers. Is there a way I can remove the links in the column of email addresses without having to do it one-by-one? This is a major headache and not a problem I had in a previous version of numbers. (Dumb idea to reinsert the links after they've been removed)

iMac 27″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:21 PM

If you turn off the preference in Numbers to "automatically detect links" (in the autocorrect section of Numbers Preferences), it should stop doing that.

To convert to text (no link) the ones that are there now,

1. Turn off that setting
  2. Select and copy the offending links
  3. 'Paste and Match Style' back to the same cells

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2020 1:21 PM in response to John Macdonald2

If you turn off the preference in Numbers to "automatically detect links" (in the autocorrect section of Numbers Preferences), it should stop doing that.

To convert to text (no link) the ones that are there now,

1. Turn off that setting
  2. Select and copy the offending links
  3. 'Paste and Match Style' back to the same cells

How to remove multiple email links in database of email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.