You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UK vs US Macbook Pro

I'm an American temporarily living in the UK and I'd like to buy a new Macbook Pro. Are there any differences between the models distributed in the UK vs the US to be aware of? My concern is the keyboard — I'm sure I can work around the $ vs the £ I'm sure, but since I'll be going back to the states soon, I'm curious if there are any factors I should consider. Thank you.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 12:11 PM

The ONLY differences are the physical keyboard and the plug-adapter on the power adapter body. The local plug-adapter is removable and replaceable with either a different local plug-adapter or an "extensions cord" type at a later date.

The power adapter itself is the same world-wide, and adapts automatically to local power {120, 200,240 Volts; 50, 60 Hz}

All other "localizations" are done is software.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 12:11 PM in response to garamorth

The ONLY differences are the physical keyboard and the plug-adapter on the power adapter body. The local plug-adapter is removable and replaceable with either a different local plug-adapter or an "extensions cord" type at a later date.

The power adapter itself is the same world-wide, and adapts automatically to local power {120, 200,240 Volts; 50, 60 Hz}

All other "localizations" are done is software.

Dec 16, 2020 1:25 PM in response to garamorth

Check also the shape of the return keys on the two keyboards as show on the keyboard localizations page. If you are a touch typist, you might have trouble adapting to the differences there. Plus the extra key next to Z on the UK version, and the different location of tilde/backtick.

Check the UK online store, it normally does sell US English keyboard machines.

UK vs US Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.