Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adjusting Finder Window Size

How do I keep a window at the size I prefer - for example when I want to attach a file to Mail. I open attach and a very small finder window opens. I resize it, so I can see file names and find the file I want. The next time I go back to do the same thing, it's a very small window again.

I just want the window to stay large permanently! It's the same with all other similar things, ie attaching a file via Outlook.

Big Sur

Ron Edwards' 27" Home 5K iMac

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 3:22 PM

With the release of Big Sur 11.1, Apple has borked the open and save dialogs to miniatures of what was in 11.0.1, and earlier operating systems. There are no user fixes for this issue until Apple understands, and corrects this interface design mistake.

22 replies

Dec 16, 2020 3:00 PM in response to PiecesOfEight

I am having the same problem - the most annoying one is when I am opening a new file from a program. For instance, I'm in InDesign and I want to open a new file so I go FILE > OPEN and the window that pops up is SO SMALL I have to resize it every time. This did not happen before I upgraded the OS. How can I get this window to permanently stay large? It's also annoying when attaching a file etc.

Jan 10, 2021 9:52 AM in response to VikingOSX

It just blows my mind that Apple can display such a poor QC and release a "updated" iOS with such a serious (from a usability perspective) flaw. I've been waiting for an update ever since v11 came out, but it certainly not have happened yet. Thousands of Apple employees must have the same issue. But maybe they fear retaliation if they voice their opinions.

Jan 28, 2021 5:38 AM in response to PiecesOfEight

This is driving me utterly crazy. Apple are definitely depending heavily on user loyalty with 'features' like this.

Surely they have professional product managers who do proper field trials with customers in the real world?!

It only takes one lean startup to listen to customers properly, with the right backing to give a Golaith like Apple a bloody nose..

Adjusting Finder Window Size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.