Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

update to 11.1 on MBA M1

Hi

I got the M1 with 11.0 installed, then I upgraded to 11.0.1.

System Prefs doesn't show the 11.1 upgrade. I downloaded the installer from the app store.

I start the installer against my disk and the install stalls at 52' (initial time is 56'). I did reboot, boot from boot options, disk checks.

The log reads:

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 2:56 AM

I tried everyday to install again doing restarts and shutdowns/boots and launching the installer again in vain.

Today I stopped the network rebooted and tried an install, which failed due to missing network (seems strange, that a 12 GB installer isn't self-sufficient).

Activated network and tried again brought the installer to go a step further and install 11.1 finally. I don't really know, if the above procedures made a difference or if Apple changed something on their servers, where the installer talks to…

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2020 2:56 AM in response to Michael59

I tried everyday to install again doing restarts and shutdowns/boots and launching the installer again in vain.

Today I stopped the network rebooted and tried an install, which failed due to missing network (seems strange, that a 12 GB installer isn't self-sufficient).

Activated network and tried again brought the installer to go a step further and install 11.1 finally. I don't really know, if the above procedures made a difference or if Apple changed something on their servers, where the installer talks to…

update to 11.1 on MBA M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.