Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBOmax will not sign in

Purchased the HBOMax subscription on my AppleTV. The subscription works perfectly in AppleTV.

Need to sign into hbomax.com, using AppleTV as provider. Get:

"Can't verify your subscription. It looks like your AppleTV subscription does not include HBO Max. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your provider."

The other way to sign in at hbomax.com is via username and password. If the HBOMax subscription (via AppleTV) has a username and password, what should it be in hbomax.com?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:48 PM

hbomax.com should be the same user name/password as when you first set it up on the Apple TV, that's how it is for me. You do need the use a username/password sign. Apple TV is not a provider such as for example Comcast, Verion Fios, YouTube TV etc.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 26, 2021 4:40 PM in response to MacRevisited

I set up HBOmax app on the Apple TV, but it never gave me an option for user name/pw. It did all that automatically. So, I have been trying to figure out how to get that info from the Apple TV.

Long story short, if one subscribes from the Apple TV, it is only available to be used on the Apple TV, not on devices such as a browser or other system not able to retrieve App Store info. If one wants universal sbuscription access to all devices, one should register on the subscribers web site... in this case by going to HBOmax.com.

HBOmax will not sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.