Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV

We purchased a new Mac and were able to access AppleTV for 12 months as part of the purchase arrangement. However, before the 12 month period finished we were not able to access AppleTV as it was not recognising our ID details. We then stopped using AppleTV but now find that we have renewed an account as we failed to end a subscription. I have tried numerous times to sign in recently so we may at least attempt to use the subscription we have paid for but I have been unsuccessful. When prompted to give my mobile number in order to receive a code message, nothing is received on my phone. I have also tried renewing my Apple account without success. Where am I or your system failing here?

Posted on Aug 22, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2021 6:42 AM

The subscription is administrated on your Apple ID account (not to a specific device). Your Apple ID account is different from (independent of) your Mac user account.

For Macs, users have to additionally sign in to the Apple TV app (menu Account) to access this content.

If you have more than one Apple ID account, then check that you are using the account for with the subscription was activated. Subscriptions are not accessible through a different account (that doesn’t have this subscription).

Verify your active subscriptions - Apple

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

It seems that the code request through mobile, is about two-factor authentication, helping to prevent unauthorized account use. When signing in, you could be prompted on your “trusted devices”, if this extra security is warranted. You can also request a code manually at any time.

If you can’t sign in because the system doesn’t recognize your account details, then perhaps you forgot your correct account password. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 23, 2021 6:42 AM in response to HelpPleaseSomeone

The subscription is administrated on your Apple ID account (not to a specific device). Your Apple ID account is different from (independent of) your Mac user account.

For Macs, users have to additionally sign in to the Apple TV app (menu Account) to access this content.

If you have more than one Apple ID account, then check that you are using the account for with the subscription was activated. Subscriptions are not accessible through a different account (that doesn’t have this subscription).

Verify your active subscriptions - Apple

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

It seems that the code request through mobile, is about two-factor authentication, helping to prevent unauthorized account use. When signing in, you could be prompted on your “trusted devices”, if this extra security is warranted. You can also request a code manually at any time.

If you can’t sign in because the system doesn’t recognize your account details, then perhaps you forgot your correct account password. If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.