Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t boot up my Mac

I rebooted my computer. Then I deleted all the disks using the disk utility. Then at startup, the computer shows a folder icon and a question mark inside it. I tried to clamp the keys that were specified on the site, but without success. What should I do? Even when I pressed “shift command R” nothing happened. Only this icon was showing. And when I waited it committed :( I have no clue

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 10:15 PM

The issue is (getting the -2002F error,) most likely, that your network router is not providing your Mac with a proper DNS server address. That is why is is hung up trying to access the Internet through your local wireless network.

Basically, if any of the following are true about your network connection, you will not be able to reinstall macOS using Internet Recovery Mode:

• The wireless network is configured to use a hidden (non-broadcast) network name or SSID.
  • The wireless network is secured with either WEP or WPA-Enterprise.
  • The connection requires certificate-based authentication / 802.1x
  • The connection requires the use of Proxies (where specific proxy servers must be configured in network preferences)
  • Captive Wi-Fi networks (where you click an “Agree” button to access the Internet)
  • PPPoE (where there is no router handling the PPPoE connection)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2020 10:15 PM in response to tutti51

The issue is (getting the -2002F error,) most likely, that your network router is not providing your Mac with a proper DNS server address. That is why is is hung up trying to access the Internet through your local wireless network.

Basically, if any of the following are true about your network connection, you will not be able to reinstall macOS using Internet Recovery Mode:

• The wireless network is configured to use a hidden (non-broadcast) network name or SSID.
  • The wireless network is secured with either WEP or WPA-Enterprise.
  • The connection requires certificate-based authentication / 802.1x
  • The connection requires the use of Proxies (where specific proxy servers must be configured in network preferences)
  • Captive Wi-Fi networks (where you click an “Agree” button to access the Internet)
  • PPPoE (where there is no router handling the PPPoE connection)

I can’t boot up my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.