Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad notes

I have spent hours trying to change the font in Notes.

I discovered online that there is supposed to be a formatting

button (“Aa”) at the top of the keyboard. It’s not there.

So, I looked online and it says that I’m supposed to have

the “shortcuts” bar enabled in the Settings>General>Keyboard.

Yes, that’s always been set like that. No matter what I do,

I still only have, at the top of the keyboard, a left arrow,

a right arrow and something that looks like a double sheet of paper.

There is nothing in the Notes settings that allow me

to change font styles or sizes. What am I missing?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:34 PM

Nothing.

There is absolutely no way to change the font style or font size in the basic, barebones, default Apple iOS Notes app.

None.

Sorry.

The free iOS Notes apps is really a very basic notes app, with very limited amount of features/functionalities.

It is, basically a “showcase” type of app to show users and developers what can be possible when creating a third party developer notes-style app.

Free apps can be limited to certain functionalities and can only be unlocked to more useful features IF you pay a one-time fee/cost to get all features of an app or pay for a monthly app fee to get expanded features sets in a third party app.

If you feel you need/want more full features in a notes style app, there are some better third party free apps and even better third party single “pay once” apps in the iOS App Store.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2020 5:34 PM in response to Rod Stasick

Nothing.

There is absolutely no way to change the font style or font size in the basic, barebones, default Apple iOS Notes app.

None.

Sorry.

The free iOS Notes apps is really a very basic notes app, with very limited amount of features/functionalities.

It is, basically a “showcase” type of app to show users and developers what can be possible when creating a third party developer notes-style app.

Free apps can be limited to certain functionalities and can only be unlocked to more useful features IF you pay a one-time fee/cost to get all features of an app or pay for a monthly app fee to get expanded features sets in a third party app.

If you feel you need/want more full features in a notes style app, there are some better third party free apps and even better third party single “pay once” apps in the iOS App Store.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

iPad notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.