Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MMS Please help

After spending a week on the phone with Q-LINK tech-support we have concluded that my MMS service is just fine however I still cannot send an MMS messages to anyone without an iPhone I can send regular text messages just not picture messages. The APN settings are correct the MMS button in Messages is on I had to turn off iMessage my data connection is strong I have restarted my phone reset the network settings it pretty much everything else you can think of.

Any suggestions?

PS. It used to work fine

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2021 11:24 AM

For MMS, if you have the new GSM SIM card (i.e. T-Mobile service), these settings may work:

If tmus doesn't work, you can also try fast.t-mobile.com

If you have the old Sprint CDMA SIM card (which says Sprint on it), it's something else (you can use Phone Number Validator Tool - RealPhoneValidation™ to verify which service provider you have).

As far as I can tell, data still doesn't work at all, and I'm pretty sure it's an issue on their end. If I don't specify a data APN, my phone says "3G" by the little service bars; when I specify the data APN as TMUS, it changes to LTE, but still data doesn't work for either :( This is a problem for me on both iPhones I've tested (iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone SE (2020) version), but not Android phones I've tested.

If someone has the patience to call the QLINK help desk and resolves this issue, please report back!

61 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Jenniferiphonexsmax

For MMS, if you have the new GSM SIM card (i.e. T-Mobile service), these settings may work:

If tmus doesn't work, you can also try fast.t-mobile.com

If you have the old Sprint CDMA SIM card (which says Sprint on it), it's something else (you can use Phone Number Validator Tool - RealPhoneValidation™ to verify which service provider you have).

As far as I can tell, data still doesn't work at all, and I'm pretty sure it's an issue on their end. If I don't specify a data APN, my phone says "3G" by the little service bars; when I specify the data APN as TMUS, it changes to LTE, but still data doesn't work for either :( This is a problem for me on both iPhones I've tested (iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone SE (2020) version), but not Android phones I've tested.

If someone has the patience to call the QLINK help desk and resolves this issue, please report back!

May 19, 2021 10:38 AM in response to IronRick_H

I have had trouble with my iphone 10 messaging and data since purchasing my iphone 10 (X) and updating it with the new 5G Qlink chip they sent to me.

After much research, I have discovered that these settings work for iphone 10 and newer phones using Qlink. I did not find it documented anywhere, so I thought I'd share it. iphone 9 and older use a different configuration.

CELLULAR DATA

APN fast.t-mobile.com

Username {leave empty}

Password {leave empty}

LTE SETUP (OPTIONAL)

APN {}

Username {}

Password {}

MMS

APN qlink

Username {}

Password {}

MMSC http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy {}

MMS Max Message Size 1048576

MMS UA Prof URL http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

PERSONAL HOTSPOT

APN pcweb.tmobile.com

Username {}

Password {}

Jun 14, 2021 3:14 PM in response to mvanishing

CELLULAR DATA

APN fast.t-mobile.com

Username {leave empty}

Password {leave empty}

LTE SETUP (OPTIONAL)

APN {}

Username {}

Password {}

MMS

APN qlink

Username {}

Password {}

MMSC http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy {}

MMS Max Message Size 1048576

MMS UA Prof URL http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

PERSONAL HOTSPOT

APN pcweb.tmobile.com

Username {}

Password {}

Mar 14, 2021 12:05 AM in response to IronRick_H

These forums drive me crazy because it seems easier to find people with the same question than ANYBODY with a legit answer... but what really kills me is this dude who "educates" you on the fact that this space is for Apple product users (LMAO so I guess he is saying you might want to take your iPhone question elsewhere?!) and I hope you found it helpful that he explained that photos and video are what you can send with MMS... all that when your question could not have been any clearer... Your reply was way more diplomatic than I would have been, and thank God because he topped it all off by shocking you with the fact that he doesn't know, but then on the way out he "educates" you by explaining what Qlink is!!! Classic. Hilarious. But infuriating when you are trying to find an answer and you have to sift thru the thousands of special people that like to post nonsense when they, like this dude, had no reason or business replying to your question! Ok now that I have vented, I want to make a deal... I have been struggling with the same question and the same endless bull on hold with Qlink and so many of these "Genius" forums and still nothing!! If you do find the answer will you please pass it on? myfauxme at gmail and I promise to do the same! Qlink did send send new apn setting with my new sim card but it says "for Android users only" WTF? support.qlinkwireless.com/apn maybe you can make it work. Oh and Android appears to be a type of product that IS NOT made by Apple, I don't know how you can send MMS on those, maybe you should use an Apple product? [I could not resist!]

Dec 23, 2020 9:42 PM in response to BORg529

Yes thank you for clarifying that. I know this and as I said my service is working fine. FYI I also use an iPhone and my question is simply since my phone is an iPhone is. Is there something with the phone that I’m not doing right. Maybe a certain setting that I may have inadvertently turned on or off that would impede the delivery of or make it unable for me to send MMS.

ie...Pictures/video

Jan 26, 2021 12:20 PM in response to IronRick_H

I just had same problem and we both are trying to use identical services and devices. Unfortunately, Qlink Wireless does not offer MMS. However, it does provide unlimited minutes, texts, and data without a dime out of our pockets! So I am not complaining and refuse to move out of my parents basement until **** freezes over! It is a bit weird though that the one thing that doesn’t work with my new carrier is the lack to send an image via mms!

Feb 11, 2021 2:03 AM in response to IronRick_H

I too use QLink... I just want to send and share the pictures I took on my phone. I care less about MMS/SMS but my iphone (SE; 256 gb) says I need to activate my MMS. Yes it says, "My SMS is on." I have tried all the tricks and watched all the youtube videos as well as tried to call QLink. Until I resolve this, I cannot send pictures via messenger... I have to download them to my computer and send as an email

MMS Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.