Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Up of Two External Monitors with Intel MacBook Pro 13"

How do I set up two external displays on my 2020 MacBook Pro 13"? (Model A2251 - 2.0GHz quad-core w/Intel Core I5 / 16GB / 512 GB). Do I need a hub or can I daisy chain from one monitor to the other?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 5:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 6:46 AM

Depends on the displays. Some support daisy chaining with TB3 or USB-C ports. If they have DisplayPort or HDMI inputs, you need adapters to connect them directly to your Mac, or you need a dock. For the latter, look at OWC, Brydge, Elgato. Avoid the <$100 docks you will see on Amazon claiming 2-3 displays, they only support one actual desktop.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 6:46 AM in response to robfromcoopersburg

Depends on the displays. Some support daisy chaining with TB3 or USB-C ports. If they have DisplayPort or HDMI inputs, you need adapters to connect them directly to your Mac, or you need a dock. For the latter, look at OWC, Brydge, Elgato. Avoid the <$100 docks you will see on Amazon claiming 2-3 displays, they only support one actual desktop.

Set Up of Two External Monitors with Intel MacBook Pro 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.