Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 12 pro incoming calls

I just received an Iphone 12 pro I am not receiving incoming calls. I can make outgoing calls but can not answer anything incoming. I have checked all of the help suggestions - airplane mode - do not disturb etc. I receive texts and can make outgoing calls

iPhone

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 2:57 PM

Since you have stated that you have tried everything then the only thing left to do is to contact your carrier and inquire about incoming calls. Do any of the incoming calls get to voicemail? I am going to list the things to double check below and you may have checked them all however in case you missed something then here they are:

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Side of your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF
  4. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings Phone Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  5. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 2:57 PM in response to Kelleysstuff

Since you have stated that you have tried everything then the only thing left to do is to contact your carrier and inquire about incoming calls. Do any of the incoming calls get to voicemail? I am going to list the things to double check below and you may have checked them all however in case you missed something then here they are:

1. Check to see that the Silent switch is not set to ON. Silent switch is located on the Top Left Side of your iPhone.
  2. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringer and Alerts : Make sure this is not set to OFF or too Low. Set Change with Buttons to OFF. Below that Make sure that there is a Ringtone selected.
  3. Check to see that Do Not Disturb is set to OFF. Open Settings Do Not Disturb : Set this to OFF
  4. Check to see that Silence Unknown Callers is set to OFF. Open Settings Phone Silence Unknown Callers : Set this to OFF
  5. Make sure that a ringer sound is assigned. Open Settings Sounds & Haptics Ringtone : Ensure that a Ringtone is assigned here.

Axel F.

iphone 12 pro incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.