Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occured and I can’t open any apps and restart my mac

I can’t seem to open any applications, and when I try to restart my MacBook Air, my Cursor turns into the loading Cursor and doesn’t restart.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 6:57 AM

Hold the power button for a few seconds to force the shutdown.

Reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once loaded, restart normally and check if it got any better.

You can also run Diagnostics. Restart holding D to enter that mode and check if it brings any errors.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Also run First Aid to check the disk Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Last action would be resin tall macOS itself How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If none of those actions work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized for proper diagnostic and service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 6:57 AM in response to Hxghh

Hold the power button for a few seconds to force the shutdown.

Reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once loaded, restart normally and check if it got any better.

You can also run Diagnostics. Restart holding D to enter that mode and check if it brings any errors.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Also run First Aid to check the disk Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Last action would be resin tall macOS itself How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If none of those actions work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized for proper diagnostic and service.

An error occured and I can’t open any apps and restart my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.