Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display Menu Bar Icon goes away

Hello! I set up a Samsung smart tv within the past few weeks, and have been using it as a second display (not mirroring) my 2020 13" Macbook Pro. I know it can display to it, as I've done it before, but I am getting annoyed that I have to go to settings and click Displays then choose the device that I want to use AirPlay with. I have selected the "show mirroring options in menu bar" option, but it only shows up while I am connected to the TV. When I have to TV on, within range, and ready to connect, it doesn't show in the menu bar, and I have to go to settings. Is there a way to keep the display icon in the menu bar at all times?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 6:01 AM

Anthony, check your dock and menu bar system preference. The screen mirroring and display options tabs. Under the "Show in Menu Bar" checkbox there is a dropdown the options are "when active" and "always" What are yours set to?

I hope this helps.

Paul

3 replies

Display Menu Bar Icon goes away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.