Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing music into ITunes for windows

This is very frustrating and I’m hoping someone can help — I bought my wife a new iPhone but because I couldn’t figure out how to use more than one iPhone on my computer which is a Mac, I pulled out a Dell laptop using windows 10 home 64-bit version, which is up-to-date, and I downloaded iTunes for windows and installed it. First off I imported all the music that I had purchased on iTunes because we have a shared account on iTunes and that turned out just fine. Then I need to take some CDs where the music was downloaded and written into it using MP3 format, connected my external Asus drive and to my delight the PC recognized The CD right away and put the contents on the iTunes screen. But then nothing would happen and I could not find a prompt in the drop-down menus to import it. So I went to Apple support website and learned that when I see the CD contents in the iTunes window, a box with choices should open to the right to allow me to import it. I did not see that, I rebooted twice, I checked to make sure the versions were cut were current and tried again and same thing happened — the CD contacts were displayed, but no box opened to allow me to import. I went through every step on the Apple support site and nothing has worked. I went to preferences within iTunes for windows and set it so that the music would be imported automatically; that did not happen. I reset the preference so that it would asked me if I wanted to import closed it and reopened iTunes same nonsense happened. Oh I got rid of the Shortcuts as the Apple site told me to, and opened it from the iTunes folder which worked and opened it but nothing happened again so I have this the CD iTunes for windows reads the CD and and I can’t do anything else to happen appreciate anybody’s help. Thanks in advance!

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:28 PM

This is how it is supposed to work: Import songs from CDs into iTunes on PC - Apple Support. Try following the steps there and post back exactly where you get stuck.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Importing music into ITunes for windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.