Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

face id

So I just brought a iPhone xs and the Face ID isn’t working, it’s just saying move iPhone a little lower, I haven’t set one up before, is there anything I can do to fix this?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:20 AM

1 reply

Dec 31, 2020 11:58 AM in response to Leonhewitt04

Hi, Leonhewitt04.

We appreciate you taking the time to post in the Apple Support Communities.

We were sorry to hear about the Face ID not enrolling on your new iPhone XS. Face ID is an incredible feature on an iPhone, and we want to see how we can help you fully enjoy your new device. 

Let’s start with the basic troubleshooting. 

• Fully charge your device and disable Low Power Mode. This feature can reduce some of the affects and features on your iPhone:

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

• Then try all of the steps outlined here:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

• Are you able to take a selfie on your iPhone? The front-facing TrueDepth camera is the camera that uses Face ID technology to confirm your facial features. 

• If not, check Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions to see if you have any settings restricting the use of your cameras.

• Remove any cases or screen protectors that you’re using on your iPhone. 

If you're still unable to get Face ID to enroll after these steps you may want to reach out to the Apple Support for more advanced troubleshooting.

Get Support

Warmest Regards.

face id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.