Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart album

Is there a work around idea to create a 2020 smart album using "Album is not Any" that will show all 2020 photos including those photos that were in Albums that I deleted as an album containing photos rather than the 2 step method of deleting photos first and then the empty album.

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 9:29 AM

You've obviously read this user tip: Problems with the Smart Album Rule: Album is not Any in Photos 5.0 - Apple Community

What system and Photos versions are you running? The problem with "Album is not Any" has been fixed with the introduction of Big Sur and Photos 6.0.

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 2, 2021 7:09 AM in response to bonnie43

Thanks for responding. I am running Photos 5.0 and Catalina 10.15.7. I will install Photos 6.0 but am hesitant to install Big Sur as I have heard people have trouble with their printer not being recognized by their computer following that upgrade. I was going to wait to install Big Sur after Apple corrected that printer problem. I will be optimistic and hope that installing Photos 6.0 will be enough to correct that "album is not any" issue.

smart album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.