Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

interface with HP printer not working any more

I use a 2 year old MacBook Air. A few months ago I started having problems with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer, with which Apple Support was able to help me. I was told that it had something to do with a change HP was making. Then another problem surfaced, and I no longer have free support. The message "HPDM.framework will damage your computer" appeared, and I can't get rid of it, although for a while I could still print. Now, when I try to scan, I get the message "failed to open ... (-21345)". Can anyone help please?

MacBook

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:10 AM

Please read If your HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software '...will damage your computer' - Apple Support.

If that does not help:

Is the printer installed as an AirPrint printer?

If it is not, then remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners and add it again as an AirPrint printer. You must explicitly select AirPrint. Refer to Add a printer on Mac.

If that printer is not AirPrint-enabled then contact HP for support (which is likely to be a waste of time).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 11:10 AM in response to dugduff

Please read If your HP printer doesn't work and you see a warning that HP software '...will damage your computer' - Apple Support.

If that does not help:

Is the printer installed as an AirPrint printer?

If it is not, then remove the existing entry in Printers & Scanners and add it again as an AirPrint printer. You must explicitly select AirPrint. Refer to Add a printer on Mac.

If that printer is not AirPrint-enabled then contact HP for support (which is likely to be a waste of time).

interface with HP printer not working any more

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.