Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue on mac OS Big Sur? I get a message "The File can't be found" when I plug in my iPhone X via USB

guys have you experience this annoying unlimited pop up window? i just installed OS macOS big Sur

now every time i plug my iphone X device thing happen i can not connect any more. thanks for the help

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 8:42 PM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Redge777

Welcome Redge777,

Thanks for joining Apple Support Communities, happy to have you with us! Based on your post, when you connect your iPhone X to your Mac, it continues to pop up windows that state, "The file can't be found." We'll do our best to assist.

To begin, we'd isolate this further by testing it in another user. If you need to create a test user, try these steps to create an Administrator user account: Set up users, guests and groups on Mac Then connect your iPhone to the Mac to see if the issue occurs there.

If it continues in the other user, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy on your iPhone to reset the trust with this computer.

Should it not continue in the other user, open the Image Capture app, from the Applications folder. Then change 'Connecting this [device] opens' to 'Image Capture' as shown here: If Image Capture doesn’t open when you connect a device to your Mac If that solves it, you can set it back to 'No Application' or 'Photos', etc.

Still having the issue after these steps, then we'd recommend to Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Issue on mac OS Big Sur? I get a message "The File can't be found" when I plug in my iPhone X via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.