Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Health double-counting data from third party app

I’ve been having issues with Apple Health on my iPhone where my cycling data from a 3rd party app is being double-counted. I use Zwift -- which allows me to track my bike rides -- and have given permission to Apple Health to read/write all data with Zwift. After my rides, my Zwift App shows me accurate distance ridden, but Apple Health always has numerous timestamps throughout my ride and then sums up all the distances. So when I complete a 25-mile ride on Zwift, Apple Health sums up each of the individual timestamps and my cycling distance on Apple Health is 189-miles (instead of 25-miles). Is there a setting I need to adjust for the 2 apps to reflect the same data? How do I prevent Apple Health from summing all the timestamps? I see I can manually delete them, but why are they not overridden?

I’ve ensured all the software and firmware I’m using is fully up-to-date on all my apps devices. I use Zwift on my iPhone for my rides and have given permission to Apple Health to read/write data. The equipment I use is a Wahoo Kickr Core and Wahoo HR monitor. I do not use an Apple Watch or Apple TV.

Thanks

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 8:05 PM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2021 11:26 AM in response to avnyc106

Hi avnyc106,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're having an issue with how the Health app is reporting the information being sent by your Zwift app, and we're glad to help.

You've done good troubleshooting making sure that all your apps and firmware ware up-to-date,

Check out this article to be sure that your third-party apps are set up correctly for the Health app, and that you're not having multiple apps sending the same information:

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

Take Care.

Apple Health double-counting data from third party app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.