Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail synch

My new Macbook Air mail app is not connecting to my Hotmail account...has anyone else resolved this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 5:33 PM

DVermeeren Said:

"Mail synch: My new Macbook Air mail app is not connecting to my Hotmail account...has anyone else resolved this issue?"

-------

Get a new App Password:

Use an App Password for Hotmail

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2021 5:33 PM in response to DVermeeren

DVermeeren Said:

"Mail synch: My new Macbook Air mail app is not connecting to my Hotmail account...has anyone else resolved this issue?"

-------

Get a new App Password:

Use an App Password for Hotmail

I remember chatting with Microsoft not too long ago, and going through this to set up other accounts to be accessed on Mail, Outlook, and on other Apps.

While in Hotmail, Go To:

1. User Name(Top-Right)
  2. View account (Second Option Down)
  3. Security (third tap in from top-left)
  4. More security options (Far-Right)
  5. App passwords (Third Pane Down)
  6. Create a new app password
  7. Click Done
  8. Use the app password provided for a synchronized app

You might need to chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Jan 3, 2021 6:03 PM in response to DVermeeren

DVermeeren Said:

"Mail synch: Thanks a bunch..that solved my problem; now if only the mail on MacBook Air would stop asking me for my password...:("

-------

A. Restart your Mac:

If it keeps asking you for a password, then restart your Mac.

B. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, damages system files are replaced, and mis-located items are relocated back to where they should be. So, boot into Safe Mode [Hold Down: command + R upon boot] > Wait 30 seconds > Log in once more.

Or, if neither work...

C. Add it Back:

Simply remove the eMail account, and then add it back. be certain to create and log in with a new App password, when adding it back. Choose: "Other Mail Account" for the "eMail Account Provider..."

Go Here: Add an eMail Account to Mail on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail synch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.