Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FITNESS PLUS - Why can I not use Airplay on my smart TV or older Apple TV unit? So frustrating!!!

Fitness Plus + Why can I not use Airplay on my smart TV or older Apple TV unit? So frustrating!!! Bought the new watch and now really disappointed.

Worst apple experience ever

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:02 PM

Completely agree. I have an AirPlay 2 compatible TV and an older model Apple TV. It’s completely unacceptable to expect someone to purchase a new Apple TV in addition to an Apple Watch in order to use a fitness service.

I will be canceling the service after my trial. I cannot follow a workout from a phone screen, and I will not be buying a new Apple TV. Going to Peloton.

Similar questions

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 5:02 PM in response to DanRogersUK

Completely agree. I have an AirPlay 2 compatible TV and an older model Apple TV. It’s completely unacceptable to expect someone to purchase a new Apple TV in addition to an Apple Watch in order to use a fitness service.

I will be canceling the service after my trial. I cannot follow a workout from a phone screen, and I will not be buying a new Apple TV. Going to Peloton.

Jan 9, 2021 5:31 AM in response to DanRogersUK

DanRogersUK wrote:

Yes, saw this - BUT, this doesn't say you can't airplay from your iPhone does it?

It also didn't says that you can.

You assumed wrong.

Fitness+ is a tight integration of Watch, iPhone, iPad and TV.

All the required Apple devices also need to have the latest watchOS 7.2, iOS/iPadOS 14.3 and tvOS 14.3 installed.

See here => Apple Fitness+ - Apple

Jan 4, 2021 1:25 AM in response to DanRogersUK

What Apple Watch do you have?

Yes, you need one. Apple Watch personalizes your Apple Fitness+ experience by integrating your personal metrics, like your heart rate and the calories you burn, into every workout. It brings them to life on the screen to keep you informed and motivated. To use Apple Fitness+ on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, an Apple Watch Series 3 or later is required.

Apple Fitness+ is available in

1. The United States
  2. Canada
  3. Australia
  4. New Zealand
  5. The United Kingdom
  6. Ireland

Feb 15, 2021 6:58 PM in response to DanRogersUK

totally frustrated with you! I have a mac, air buds, iPhone, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Apple TV plus(pay for). I was told it would air play, just found out it does not. I have an older APPLE TV bought in 2016 which of course is now outdated. I don't need a new one since my tv is smart, but it wont download Apple Fitness plus. What a waste of money. Now I have to cancel since I cant use it.

FITNESS PLUS - Why can I not use Airplay on my smart TV or older Apple TV unit? So frustrating!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.