Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted app icon

I can't reinstall an icon on iPhone for an app I deleted by mistake

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 3:47 PM

Scott,

If you are using iOS 14, this app may have been moved to your App Library. If so, you can locate it there and move it to your Home Screen. You'll find your App Library by swiping left. Check out Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone.

Take care.

4 replies

Jan 7, 2021 10:45 AM in response to scottdoughty

Hello Scott,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are trying to reinstall an app that was accidentally deleted from your iPhone.

Are you able to find the app by searching the App Store? If so, you can download it again from there.

You can also locate the app in your purchase history and download from there. Check out Redownload apps and games from Apple.

Have a great day!

Jan 9, 2021 8:30 AM in response to bailier

When I find the app it in the App Store it allows me to open it but there is no button to install it or an iCloud button. I can find it in systems and when I do a search on my iPhone, but I cannot get the icon to appear among the other icons on the screen. What I remember happening was that somehow the icon got put into another icon that made it kind of one among a small group of icons. It was there with one other icon which I don't remember the identity of. I didn't know what that was or how it got there or how to get it resolved and I ended up deleting the thing and now I don't know where it is or how to find it.

deleted app icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.