Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon Cartoon/Symbol Question

Hi there my name is Maya. I am just so confused on what call forwarding is. I’m sorry to whoever is working for apple and has to read this right now😂. But My best friend and I are having troubles trying to understand why my phone didn’t ring when she called me during the night. I checked and had no recent missed calls from him from that night. He sent me a picture of her call log after I sent him a picture of mine lol and it said my name as if he had called me during the night which had me really confused. Next to my name was the little phone symbol with the arrow pointing away from it and I looked it up and tried to understand what the “call log” on/off thing is and I think I get it but I don’t see why I didn’t get his call? (I checked my missed calls as well) Also, I tried calling him the other night while we were hanging out and it wouldn’t ring to her phone. But then he called me and it worked.. So lost. If you could please help that would be amazing!! His Contact name is Marcos. I don’t know if these pictures help? My phone call log is the first photo, and his (marcos) is the second photo.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:43 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 7, 2021 11:45 AM in response to maya6666

Hello Maya666,

It sounds like, you missed a call the other day and you want to determine what could be the cause. We understand how important this is to you and we are here to help.

If call forwarding were set up you would see it in the status bar which isn't the case in these screenshots. More information about call forwarding can be found here: Set up call forwarding and call waiting on iPhone

Do you currently have a sleep schedule enabled on your device or have Do Not Disturb set up for certain hours. Both of these can prevent calls from coming in at certain times. We would recommend reviewing these pages:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Set up sleep schedules in Health on iPhone

Cheers!

Icon Cartoon/Symbol Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.