Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet recovery is not working, tried to reformat the macbook, for fresh install, using usb but keeps on attempting on internet recovery, but it wont finished and just throw this -1008F error message to me

Internet recovery is not working, tried to reformat the MacBook, for a fresh install, tried using USB but keeps on attempting internet recovery, but it won't finished and just throw this message to me (error -1008F)

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 10:18 PM

What happens when you use the USB installer?

Did you create your macOS USB installer using these instructions?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

If so, then try using a different brand of USB stick.

If you want to use Internet Recovery Mode, then you may need to connect your Mac directly to the router using an Ethernet cable for a faster more reliable connection to avoid any WiFi issues. You can also try rebooting your router and performing a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute if possible -- not possible with a T2 Mac from 2018+).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 10:18 PM in response to karlopogi

What happens when you use the USB installer?

Did you create your macOS USB installer using these instructions?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

If so, then try using a different brand of USB stick.

If you want to use Internet Recovery Mode, then you may need to connect your Mac directly to the router using an Ethernet cable for a faster more reliable connection to avoid any WiFi issues. You can also try rebooting your router and performing a PRAM Reset (hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes or a full minute if possible -- not possible with a T2 Mac from 2018+).

Internet recovery is not working, tried to reformat the macbook, for fresh install, using usb but keeps on attempting on internet recovery, but it wont finished and just throw this -1008F error message to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.