Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch and Apple Health not counting calories from 3rd party Apps

Hello,

I wear and apple watch but also use a Garmin or a cycling training for cycling workouts. I track my workout data using Trainingpeaks, Strava, Garmin and Zwift. I have all of those apps connected with all categories active in the health app. If i complete a workout with Zwift, the workout does show up in the Activity app but it does not contribute to my activity ring for calories. For example on Wednesday my activity ring shows 371 cal progress towards my Move goal but under workouts the Zwift "indoor cycle" workout is listed and shows 648 active calories. It does the same thing with Garmin Connect app workouts, most of the time the garmin connect workouts dont even show up in the Activity app too, but sometimes they do.

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 10:33 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 8, 2021 10:45 AM in response to Arwolff8

I am also having this problem as of today. I use iPhone 10 and Apple Watch. I can see the Zwift workout in Apple Health as well as the Activity app -- so this is not an issue of permissions. But I'm not getting credit for the calories. Seems like a glitch. I have updated to the most recent iOS, but I don't see anyway to get the Apple Activity to accept the calories burned on that workout.

Apple Watch and Apple Health not counting calories from 3rd party Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.