Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot play explicit podcast in Catalina

When attempting to play a podcast with explicit content on my iMac, I get the following prompt:

"To play this episode, allow explicit content under Screen Time in System Preferences."

However, the "Content & Privacy Restrictions" are disabled for my account. Even when this feature's enabled and "Explicit Music, Podcasts and News" is checked to be allowed, I'm still blocked from playing explicit podcasts.

I've seen this question multiple times on the board, with no viable solution provided. Apparently, resetting the settings or creating a new account works, but that's viable for me.

How can I get Catalina to play explicit podcasts?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 5:42 AM

On a hunch, I opened Music.app to see if I could play explicit songs. On opening the application, I got a prompt informing me that content restrictions are automatically activated for my Country/Region.

The prompt had a button to allow explicit content, which I clicked. Now I can also play explicit podcasts!

Hopefully, this helps others who face the same issue. (Does anyone know which option/setting was changed by the above prompt?)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 5:42 AM in response to JauerPower

On a hunch, I opened Music.app to see if I could play explicit songs. On opening the application, I got a prompt informing me that content restrictions are automatically activated for my Country/Region.

The prompt had a button to allow explicit content, which I clicked. Now I can also play explicit podcasts!

Hopefully, this helps others who face the same issue. (Does anyone know which option/setting was changed by the above prompt?)

Cannot play explicit podcast in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.