Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add the Critical Alerts option to a certain app?

I recently purchased the Ring. As I use Do Not Disturb at night, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to receive notifications from the app while in DND mode. I know that I would be able to receive notifications if Critical Alerts was enabled, but I do not see this option, only the regular Notifications option. How do I add the option for Critical Alerts for the Ring app so I can receive notifications during DND?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:01 PM

Greetings, _Aria_!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about turning on Critical Alerts on the Ring app on your iPhone. Check out this link for Getting emergency alerts in Do Not Disturb mode – Ring Help:

"If you have an IOS device, you will need to allow the Ring app to send critical alerts from the following native iOS modal. This modal will display when you view Emergency Alerts in the New Features menu in addition to tapping "Change Device Settings" in your Alarm Alert push notification settings.

You can also allow Critical Alerts using your iPhone or iPad's settings. Simply open Settings, then tap Ring, then tap Notifications."

Thanks again for the question and let us know if you continue to have issues!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 4:01 PM in response to _Aria_

Greetings, _Aria_!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's an excellent question you have about turning on Critical Alerts on the Ring app on your iPhone. Check out this link for Getting emergency alerts in Do Not Disturb mode – Ring Help:

"If you have an IOS device, you will need to allow the Ring app to send critical alerts from the following native iOS modal. This modal will display when you view Emergency Alerts in the New Features menu in addition to tapping "Change Device Settings" in your Alarm Alert push notification settings.

You can also allow Critical Alerts using your iPhone or iPad's settings. Simply open Settings, then tap Ring, then tap Notifications."

Thanks again for the question and let us know if you continue to have issues!

How do I add the Critical Alerts option to a certain app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.