Related Article: Upgrading the Reminders app in iOS 13 or later

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders won't upgrade

Can not for the life of me figure out how to upgrade my reminders list.

Up until last night I've had my iPhone 11+ (running 14.3) and MacBook Pro running Mojave. Then, after learning that my MacOS had to be—at minimum—Catalina to upgrade my reminders I went and finally installed 10.15.7. However, when I returned to Reminders (on any device) it's still asking me to "Update" which when pressed spins a bit, disappears and then comes right back and doesn't seem to have updated in the slightest.

I've tried both fully signing out of my iCloud account on the laptop or un-checked reminders on my iPhone, restart and then check back in but nothing seems to rectify the problem.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

1. I noticed on my wife's phone—which is also running the latest IOS—that she has icons that she can asign to the reminders and that a share sheet pops up rather than a search filed which shows up on my phone.
  2. I did click on a reminder invitation that my wife sent me via messages and it did pop in for a second, but then quickly disappeared and hasn't shown up again.
  3. (I don't want to upgrade to Big Sur just yet as I hear it's been having problems running Adobe Programs, but the articles I've read say that I shouldn't have to be on that OS yet.

Any insight, suggestions to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 6:37 PM

Seeing as you've tried most suggestions, next step - Contact - Official Apple Support.

Similar questions

1 reply

Reminders won't upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.