Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I'm connecting my iPad to Mac it shows up as new in Finder, but it is already set up

Everything is fine with my other iOS devices, but for some reason when iPad is connected to Mac, in Finder it prompts me to set it up from a backup. My iPad and Mac are all setup, iCloud syncing is turned on.

I didn't manage to find any info about this.

How do fix this?

Thank you in advance

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:44 AM

Hi tmf33,

We understand that your new iPad was restored from a backup, but when you connect the iPad to your computer, it asks if you want to restore the iPad again.

If your iPad has already been restored, you can select, "Set up as a new device" from this screen, and then proceed with syncing the iPad using your computer. We have more details here:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2021 10:44 AM in response to tmf33

Hi tmf33,

We understand that your new iPad was restored from a backup, but when you connect the iPad to your computer, it asks if you want to restore the iPad again.

If your iPad has already been restored, you can select, "Set up as a new device" from this screen, and then proceed with syncing the iPad using your computer. We have more details here:

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

Have a great day!

When I'm connecting my iPad to Mac it shows up as new in Finder, but it is already set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.