Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to show battery percentage on iPhone 12

The new iPhone 12 doesn’t have the options to show the battery percentage inside the battery icon all the time like the iPad has.

control centre shows the percentage but I need to use a swipe down to see that

is there a way to enable battery percentage inside the battery icon so that I can see it all the time.

This is how iPad shows percentage of the battery.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:52 AM

Just swipe down from the top-right corner of your display. On iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or earlier, iPad, and iPod touch (7th generation), you can see the battery percentage in the status bar. Go to Settings > Battery and turn on Battery Percentage.

Show the battery percentage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

80 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 2:52 AM in response to shashank31

Just swipe down from the top-right corner of your display. On iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or earlier, iPad, and iPod touch (7th generation), you can see the battery percentage in the status bar. Go to Settings > Battery and turn on Battery Percentage.

Show the battery percentage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Jan 14, 2021 11:03 PM in response to user0197

Yes I have the widget I still wanna see it in the Battery icon. The issue with widget is that I can’t keep it in the Lock Screen. When I am charging my iPhone I wanna be able to see the percentage in the battery icon. I can just click on the power button and not unlock the phone to check the battery percentage. The drop down is one option but that still adds one step to the process.

the main reason is iPhone 12 has a notch because of which there is no space to showcase battery percentage like it is shown in the image I shared.

Feb 3, 2021 7:23 AM in response to shashank31

I just cannot believe that my new iPhone cannot show the battery percentage on the top right just like my other phones. Oh there is a widget but it's huge you have to take 4 off your most used widgets to install it on the home page. This is without doubt the best phone Apple does at the moment but not having the option of the battery percentage showing on the top just like the older models is a let down. The widget would be OK if it was not so huge and the need to remove 4 normal widgets to make room for it is a real pain. Come on Apple please sort it either give us the top option as before or make the widget a normal size, just upgraded to the 12 mini (great phone and size) but this is a let down.

Please sort it in the next software update ,, Please

Feb 4, 2021 12:22 AM in response to pr1uk

It seems the loss of the battery percentage is due to the software upgrade, WHY, now we have to use a huge widget and it's pain, why not give us an option to remove the silly battery on the top right and just have the battery percentage. I could never see the point of that battery indicator anyway but a nice battery indicator in percentages would be useful. Are other a little peeved that the battery percentage is no longer available on the phone all the time and using the huge widget is no substitute, I know I was not happy having to remove 4 widgets from my homepage just to have a battery indicator when it was always on the top right

Jul 13, 2021 8:09 AM in response to DWHutchins

This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

However, at this point it is not possible to display that on the screen due to the notch at the top of the screen. There is not enough room in the top status bar to display that information. You can get it by swiping down the Control Center.

Jan 15, 2021 2:52 AM in response to shashank31

Well there is not much to do about that though.

Two other things that come to mind are:

The percentage is displayed on the lock screen briefly where the date usually is.

You can put the battery widget onto the today view (you will have to make sure it is enabled from FaceID & Passcode Settings to be accessible when the device is locked) and then swipe right to see the widget.

Sorry but there is no other option to display it. It's just how things are right now.

Feb 19, 2021 11:44 PM in response to StacyLP

"battery image or a percentage! "

Always found the battery icon to be of no use other than to show there is a battery inside, if Apple could replace that with the battery percentage now the would be useful. We are all used to seeing the battery percentage on the top of the iPhone it was a surprise to me when that option went and we were made to use a bloody huge battery percentage widget that's needed but looks so out of place on the home screen.

Come on Apple fix this in an upgrade soon please, let's see the percentage on the top every time we use our phone and not have to use that huge widget.

Feb 25, 2021 10:34 PM in response to Clamneck

If Apple are listening to their users I think that unless battery icon will go and we will get back the battery percentage on the top of our phones where it belongs. Come on Apple give us the percentage back on the top of our phones and get rid of the bloody wastefully huge screen widget that looks out of place anyway.

percentage instead of the silly battery Icon

"who's with me"

Mar 7, 2021 5:54 PM in response to shashank31

This is how Apple designed the OS for iPhones with full screens since the iPhone X, the notch at the top for Face ID leaves the sides with less space to display extra info system-wide. You can, like what others said, use the widget or simply swipe down from the top right edge, but otherwise, there is no other solution, because this is how Apple designed iOS. Probably hope that iOS 15 has something new related to this.

How to show battery percentage on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.