Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPad1, wifi password not correct even if it is correct

Hi,

I have an old iPad1, iOS 5.1.1, and trying to connect it to WiFi but it keeps saying password is incorrect, and of course i am 100% positive on password, and trying to put it very very carefully and slowly... but no chance. It has worked on the same box/wifi configuration, but stopped and not saying password is incorrect.

There was a tip to add something as the end of the WiFi password to make it accepted on old iOS on newer WiFi... looking for this tip....

Again, WiFi works with all devices (iOS or not), password is 100% known and i tried to put it very carefully and slowly... WiFi is WPA/PSK, nothing new, 2.4GHz.

iPad

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 8:40 PM

Hello,

thnak you for feedback. I did it without sucess. But i found out the issue : the old iPad 1 is not compatible with fast roaming protocol. I have to keep it disabled in order to get connection to WiFi.

2 replies

Jan 10, 2021 9:46 AM in response to Fred_Erik_Apple

Whilst it may appear to be counter intuitive, a restart of your WiFi Router may resolve the problem. A single device can have issues connecting to a WiFi network even where others do not.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Old iPad1, wifi password not correct even if it is correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.