Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do if my iPhone 12 mini display is indeed so terrible using a colorimeter compared to any other apple (or a lot of non- apple) mobile devices I owned or I've seen

I noticed the iPhone 12 mini display looks off the moment I had it last year. So I got an express replacement and to my surprise there's no difference. I went Walmart and at maximum brightness can't notice too much difference between all iPhone 12 models. I contacted Apple multiple times and "the only suggestion we have for you is to wait software update" I was told this from November last year until this very moment. Okay so I bought a colorimeter to measure the white. Remember the perfect white should be R:G:B=50:50:50.

So here's my perfect iPhone XS display, an OLED at minimum brightness.

And here's terrible 12 mini one

Before you ask, both with truetone. nightshift, auto brightness in accessibility settings off. I tested my iPad Pro 11 and at maximum brightness too. Here's a chart.

See how both Xs/ iPad (OLED/IPS) have almost perfect white while the 12 mini's green just stretched out too much? ANNNNND, I don't believe it's a single 12 mini

Here's two 12 mini, the middle one is Xs, picture taken on iPad

This kind of quality is not expected from Apple, also I feel like, even 2 years after 2020, I will still get the same response

No work schedule as a trillion dollar company , work "hard" for another year.

(There's a post about this on Macrumors which has about 6k+ replies)

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 11:35 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

What should I do if my iPhone 12 mini display is indeed so terrible using a colorimeter compared to any other apple (or a lot of non- apple) mobile devices I owned or I've seen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.