Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VOICE MEMO missing after turning up icloud back up!

my problem is a little complicated! i had more than 100 voice memo on my iPhone, but i do not use voice memo back up on my iCloud, it was switched off! one day because of some reasons i had to change my apple id to a new one. and after signing to new apple id, i wanted to make a back up of my voice memos on iCloud. because of that i switched on my voice memo back up on iPhone. but unfortunately i see that all of my voice memo disappeared from voice memo app! even the voice memo which i play them yesterday was disappeared. i cant find any logic for what happened to me, please help me on this issue. as i mentioned i didn't make any back up before for these voice memo on my old apple ID, and its iCloud back up was always off! then logically all of my voice memo should be stored at my iPhone!

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

7 replies

Jan 17, 2021 9:11 PM in response to zinacef

Thanks zinacef but these links are just general info, as i mentioned " i didn't sync and back up to i cloud my voice memos" and after changing my apple id still i have all of them on my iPhone and even i played some of them. but exactly after i turn ON my voice memo iCloud back up to back up them and transfer them through that back up to my new iPhone, i found that all of them disappeared and this is really annoying!

now i am thinking, is it possible instead of backing up from old iPhone which has a bunch of voice memos, its back up from new iPhone and consider that iCloud should not have any voice memo?!!!! and because of that when turning up iCloud back up for voice memo suddenly all the voice memos disappears?

Jan 18, 2021 10:22 AM in response to javad22

javad22 wrote:

Thanks zinacef but these links are just general info, as i mentioned " i didn't sync and back up to i cloud my voice memos" and after changing my apple id still i have all of them on my iPhone and even i played some of them. but exactly after i turn ON my voice memo iCloud back up to back up them and transfer them through that back up to my new iPhone, i found that all of them disappeared and this is really annoying!
now i am thinking, is it possible instead of backing up from old iPhone which has a bunch of voice memos, its back up from new iPhone and consider that iCloud should not have any voice memo?!!!! and because of that when turning up iCloud back up for voice memo suddenly all the voice memos disappears?

Per the underlined portion of your post, did you actually turn on Voice Memos via Settings > Name > iCloud > Apps Using iCloud? Or did you attempted to create a backup? If you created a backup of them, did you try restoring from said backup to see if you can recover?

Jan 21, 2021 11:42 PM in response to zinacef

Dear Zinacef, yes as you mentioned i actually turn on voice memos via setting....apps using iCloud! and as villekahkonen mentioned i see my memos disappeared! thats really strange because in my old apple id i didn't turn iCloud backup on, and basically all of them should be stored on iPhone, then why this is happening?

VOICE MEMO missing after turning up icloud back up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.