Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice memos missing on Icloud backup and new phone

I had voice memos backed up to icloud on my iphone 7, and when I traded it in for the 12 Pro Max the voice memos were transferred to the new phone along with all my other data. But the 12 Pro Max got stolen, and when I got the replacement and restored my data from icloud, the voice memos are not there. I went into my settings on the newest phone and voice memos were still supposed to be backing up to icloud, but I have none of the voice memos in the app and cannot find them on iCloud.com when I log in on my PC.

Can they be recovered?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 4:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 4:54 PM

TheHatchetMan wrote:

I had voice memos backed up to icloud on my iphone 7, and when I traded it in for the 12 Pro Max the voice memos were transferred to the new phone along with all my other data. But the 12 Pro Max got stolen, and when I got the replacement and restored my data from icloud, the voice memos are not there. I went into my settings on the newest phone and voice memos were still supposed to be backing up to icloud, but I have none of the voice memos in the app and cannot find them on iCloud.com when I log in on my PC.

Can they be recovered?

Voice memo isn't part of icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 4:54 PM in response to TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan wrote:

Can they be recovered?

Voice memo isn't part of icloud backup as outlined here What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Voice memos missing on Icloud backup and new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.