Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Voice Memos / after accidentli deleted icloud back up

I accidentally deleted the iCloud Back up for the app Voice Memos. Moments later after syncing, all my Voice Memos were gone from phone. I did not deleted nothing from my phone but now I can´t find them anymore, they shoud be anyware on the phone memory, can anyone help me resolve the problem?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 1:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2022 5:45 AM

In order to save some space in iCloud, witch was obviously not a good idea, I deleted some

backups...one of them was the Voice Memos backup. From Settings/ Apple ID / iCloud / Magane Storage - Voice Memos.

Seconds later i tried to check what is happening with my recordings. They began to disappear before my eyes from 120 to 38… I immediately stopped the internet connection. From 38 left I was able to save 28 Voice records. The ones that were much more important to me were already gone. I can't find them anywhere else on the phone's memory.

I haven't deleted anything from the phone memory and I'm sure they are there somewhere. There should also be a bin

on the icloud witch can be restored… No success so far.

Device: iPhone11, iOS 15.6

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2022 5:45 AM in response to SravanKrA

In order to save some space in iCloud, witch was obviously not a good idea, I deleted some

backups...one of them was the Voice Memos backup. From Settings/ Apple ID / iCloud / Magane Storage - Voice Memos.

Seconds later i tried to check what is happening with my recordings. They began to disappear before my eyes from 120 to 38… I immediately stopped the internet connection. From 38 left I was able to save 28 Voice records. The ones that were much more important to me were already gone. I can't find them anywhere else on the phone's memory.

I haven't deleted anything from the phone memory and I'm sure they are there somewhere. There should also be a bin

Aug 8, 2022 2:36 AM in response to PL___

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail*, Notes, Voice MemosMessages*, shared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data*, call history*, and files* you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on Messages in iCloudiCloud Photos, Mail, Health data, call history under iCloud, and files you store in iCloud Drive your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

Aug 8, 2022 6:56 AM in response to PL___

I have only one Apple ID, there is no such possibility that I was logged in with another Apple ID. I also deleted the icloid back up for Viber, luckily nothing was changed or deleted from the app. Still looking for solution for the lost Voice Memos. Is there a way to restore the icloud backup for specific apps or any suggestions for data recovery software. I will be appreciate that, thanks :)

Aug 8, 2022 2:16 PM in response to SravanKrA

In order to save some space in iCloud, witch was obviously not a good idea, I deleted some backups...one of them was the Voice Memos backup. From Settings/ Apple ID / iCloud / Magane Storage - Voice Memos.

Seconds later i tried to check what is happening with my recordings. They began to disappear before my eyes from 120 to 8… I immediately stopped the internet connection. From 38 left I was able to save 28 Voice records. The ones that were much more important to me were already gone. I can't find them anywhere else on the phone's memory. I haven't deleted anything from the phone memory and I'm sure they are there somewhere. There should also be a bin

Lost Voice Memos / after accidentli deleted icloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.